Need a Jump Start?
How to Jump a Car Battery
- Pop and open both engine hoods and find the battery.
- Remove all terminal covers and corrosion.
- Connect the positive (red) jumper wire to the positive (red) terminal of an empty battery. Make sure the two metal clips are securely attached to the clamp.
- Connect the other end of the positive (red) jumper wire to the positive (red) terminal of the booster battery.
- Attach the negative/black clip to the negative terminal of the working battery.
- THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT! Connect the remaining loose negative clap to the unpainted metal part of the dead battery vehicle. The engine block bolt is ideal.
- Start the car engine with the battery running. Wait a while then start the car with the battery dead. Let both cars run for a few more minutes.
- When both cars have started, disconnect the wires in the reverse order as you connected them.
- Your car should run for about 10 minutes to charge your battery.
If you still don’t know how to jump start a dead battery, call us now.